Consolidated list of EU financial sanctions and Consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to EU financial sanctions
Download the PDF version:
If you wish to download the file, place your mouse pointer over the list you wish, and right click on it.
A window appears - select "save as" - then select the folder on your computer where you want it to be located.
1. Consolidated list
|XML | DTD | XML | XSD|
2. Most recent amendments
|XML | DTD|
|* The consolidated list was established in June 2004|
Subscribe to the RSS-file with the latest updates
The correct application of financial sanctions is crucial in order to meet the objectives of the Common Foreign and Security Policy and especially to help prevent the financing of terrorism. The application of financial sanctions constitutes an obligation for both the public and private sector. In this regard, the EU assigns particular responsibility to credit and financial institutions, since they are involved in the bulk of financial transfers and transactions affected by the relevant Regulations.
In order to facilitate the application of financial sanctions, the European Banking Federation, the European Savings Banks Group, the European Association of Co-operative Banks and the European Association of Public Banks ("the EU Credit Sector Federations") and the Commission recognised the need for an EU consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to CFSP related financial sanctions. It was therefore agreed that the Credit Sector Federations would set up a database containing the consolidated list for the Commission, which would host and maintain the database and keep it up-to-date. This database was developed first and foremost to assist the members of the EU Credit Sector Federations in their compliance with financial sanctions.
Disclaimer: While every effort is made to ensure that the database and the consolidated list correctly reproduce all relevant data of the officially adopted texts published in the Official Journal of the European Union, neither the Commission nor the EU credit sector federations accepts any liability for possible omissions of relevant data or mistakes, and for any use made of the database or of the consolidated list. Only the information published in the Official Journal of the EU is deemed authentic.
1. From 27 April 2015 newly published XML files presenting the full EU consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to CFSP related financial sanctions and the most recent amendments to the consolidated list are produced using a new application called FSD ("Financial Sanctions Database").
Please note that the structure of the files and the list of the persons, groups and entities are UNCHANGED. The structure of the files is described in the Annex.
During the transition, some minor corrections to the data from the previous application have been made that improve the quality of the data provided through the XML files:
Please note that these minor corrections are not included in any XML file presenting the most recent amendments published until 27 April 2015!!
2. The XML files presenting the full EU consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to CFSP related financial sanctions and the most recent amendments to the consolidated list are also made available for downloading through FTP access. In order to get FTP access members of the EU Credit Sector Federations should contact their federation.
In addition, a new XML file, based on an XSD format, is available on the ftp server.
3. In order to assist users of the XML files that have been produced using the FSD application, we have prepared a one page document "ECTL_FSD_HOWTO" , which is also available on the FTP server. It explains how to proceed according to the modus operandi you are using (the "consolidated list" XML or the "most recent amendments" file).
4. The EU consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to CFSP related financial sanctions comprises the identification data of persons, groups and entities which have been listed in accordance with relevant Regulations with a view to the application of one of the following measures:
(a) asset freezing in which case there is an Article typically reading as follows:
“1. All funds and economic resources belonging to, owned, held or controlled by [individual members of the Government of (country) and] any natural or legal person, entity or body [associated with them] as listed in Annex X shall be frozen.
2. No funds or economic resources shall be made available, directly or indirectly, to or for the benefit of natural or legal persons, entities or bodies listed in Annex X."
(b) a ban on investment which is typically worded as follows:
“The following shall be prohibited:
(a) the granting of any financial loan or credit to any of the legal persons, entities or bodies listed in Annex X, or the acquisition of bonds, certificates of deposit, warrants or debentures, issued by legal persons, entities or bodies listed in Annex X;
(b) the acquisition or extension of a participation in the legal persons, entities or bodies listed in Annex X, including the acquisition in full of such legal persons, entities or bodies and the acquisition of shares and securities of a participating nature;
(c) the creation of any joint venture with the legal persons, entities or bodies listed in Annex X, with their subsidiary legal persons, entities or bodies or with affiliated legal persons, entities or bodies under their control.”
5. This notice supplements the help files which are available at:
For any question or further information, do not hesitate to write to