An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
The European Union Delegation to Cambodia is looking for:
Gender and Communication & Visibility
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Kingdom of Cambodia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Kingdom of Cambodia and pursues bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and development cooperation (financial and technical). The Delegation also promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU, in particular in relation to human rights, gender equality, democracy, as well as sustainable and equitable development.
We offer a post of Programme Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Programme Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
Under this job function the successful candidate will work as technical and support staff in two specific areas that constitute top priorities for the EU, namely 1) the implementation of the EU Gender Action Plan in Cambodia; 2) the strengthening of communication and visibility of the EU development assistance to Cambodia acting as the Delegation Communication Coordinator (ComCoord); these tasks will be conducted under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of the Cooperation section.
The post is based in the Delegation of the European Union to the Kingdom of Cambodia, Phnom Penh and is graded as LA 1 (starting basic salary EUR 2,318).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
1. Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Economics, Communication or equivalent;
2. Professional experience: Minimum 5 years of professional experience directly related to at least one of the sectors (Gender in development, aid effectiveness and Visibility-Communication) with either Government, a development partner or a non- governmental organisation;
3. Knowledge of languages: Fluent in English, knowledge of Khmer;
4. Knowledge of IT tools: Computer literacy (especially knowledge of commonly used programs);
5. Medically fit to perform the required duties;
6. Enjoy civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
7. Has a satisfactory knowledge of [add working language of Delegation];
The following will be considered an asset:
1. Qualifications: Degree related to gender in development, or journalism;
2. Professional experience: Direct experience in performing some of the above mentioned tasks;
3. Knowledge of languages: Fluent in Khmer, knowledge of French;
4. Knowledge of some social media and SAP-based corporate management systems;
We are looking for a motivated professional, able to work in a multi-cultural team, respect deadlines and communicate well with a range of audiences.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-CAMBODIA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu with the reference: 'Gender and Communication & Visibility ' Programme Officer + your last name in capital letters (Post No.273640-COM). The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, and the name and address of 2 professional references.
Applications will be evaluated and short listed applicants will be requested to attend an interview which will include a short written test at the Delegation's premises.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-CAMBODIA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 30/09/2019