The European Union (EU) is offering a temporary post of Infrastructure Coordinator in the Administration Section of the Delegation, under the authority of the Head of Delegation. The Infrastructure Coordinator will be attached to the Administration Section of the Delegation.
Detailed description of duties:
- Act as Infrastructure Coordinator of the Offices Project at the EU Delegation.
- Liaise with the Infrastructure Division at the EEAS HQ and follow the whole administrative process of approval of the project alongside the Head of Administration.
- Provide assistance, design development, review plans and documents, correspondence, term of references and bill of quantities.
- Organize and coordinate the local meeting with report to EU Delegation and EU Headquarters.
- Provide a market analysis on local availability of material and technologies.
- Provide frontline analysis of any document provided by the developer, the construction companies, the experts and external bodies. Ensure at all stages that EU requirements are met. Submit appropriate solutions to discrepancies between local and European standards.
- Coordinate the work between the stakeholders of the project such as but not limited to: EU Delegation, the relevant Divisions at Headquarters (Infrastructure, IT, Security), construction companies, owner of the current premises and the building management team, various contractors working for the Delegation (security experts / external bodies / moving companies…).
- Follow up of the planning on deadlines of the various stages of the project, from design stages to provisional acceptance of the works and move. Close attention to critical paths in order to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Provide architectural and technical supervision on site as necessary to ensure that the technical requirements are met.
- Provide assistance in the phases of provisional acceptance.
- Follow up on budget related matters of the construction works and the moves.
- Provide assistance to the Delegation in making decisions about finishes, based on overall consistency and best value for money. Ensure that samples can be made available.
- If necessary, provide technical assistance with customs clearance issues.
- Any other task requested by the Head of Delegation, the Head of Administration or the Infrastructure Division supervisor in relation to the project.
- Degree in architecture and/or civil engineering - additional degree in project management is an advantage.
- Proven minimum 5-year experience in similar kind of work, both in the coordination and technical quality control field.
- Thorough knowledge of the office construction field - Experience in office construction works in the EU is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of office construction rules in force locally and ability to compare them to EU norms and requirements - Knowledge of the financial rules and regulations of the EU is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of English or French, both written and oral.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Thorough knowledge of CAD software (e.g. Autocad).
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- High level of responsibility and ability to take initiative.
- High level of organization, prioritization, flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent team spirit.
How to apply:
Applications must include:
- Completed EU CV (The template of the EU CV can be downloaded from this website
- Cover letter
- Copy of certificates
- The envelope must indicate the job reference number ADM/INF/2019/TEMP and be addressed to:
The Head of Administration
POST REFERENCE: ADM/INF/2019/TEMP
NOT TO BE OPENED BY THE INTERNAL MAIL DEPARTMENT
European Union Delegation to the Republic of Mauritius
8th Floor, Saint James Court, Saint Denis Street
Port Louis, Mauritius
Electronic applications to be sent to: Delegation-Mauritius@eeas.europa.eu
Applications not complying with all the above will not be considered.
Short listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Salary will be according to years of relevant experience. The vacancy is for a temporary (full-time/part-time, negotiable) contract of minimum 3 months.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to email@example.com.