Local Agent Group III
The Delegation of the European Union in Jordan is seeking to recruit a Secretary for the Administration Section. The person appointed will be offered an unlimited contract on terms appropriate to his/her position.
Job Location: Delegation of the European Union Amman- Jordan.
Tasks will include:
- Secretary for HoA and Admin Section.
- Takes care of all meetings arrangements (lists of participants, logistics, info to security, catering), takes minutes when required, follows up on points if necessary. Coordinates with other departments and local counterparts.
- Maintains agenda of persons assigned to work with, and manages the official telephone calls of the assigned section members if requested.
- Handles official travel arrangements for assigned section members and offers secretarial support for missions from HQ.
- Takes care of all protocol issues, documents etc for the Admin section members and their personal effects, Translates from Arabic to English.
- Taking care of the stationary and its inventory.
- Provide assistance by maintaining the diary, answering the telephone, filtering calls and taking messages, responding to general inquiries creating and updating the lists of contacts and managing the e-mail exchange and calendar.
- Ensure follow-up and respect deadlines in the group activities
- Take, transcribe and prepare notes, minutes, routine correspondence, presentations and other tasks.
- Manage information and procedures on missions, holidays, leave and absence records and similar personnel formalities.
- Provide administrative support to the section in terms of filing, mail contracts dispatching, agenda, section meetings minutes, etc.
- Organisation and setting up pf the missions, meetings, conferences, seminars &workshops within the framework of activities of the section.
- Responsible for drafting notes and maintaining the development of the and filing system of the section.(DMO)
- The candidate must have a minimum professional experience of 3 years, including 2 years in tasks directly related to the post job description
- Experience in an international working environment would be an asset
- University studies in areas relevant to the duties would be an advantage (e.g. business administration, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, scheduling and communication.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Good communication skills
- Prioritising and Organising
- Ability to work within a team
Interested candidates must send a motivation letter and their Curriculum Vitae to the attention of Head of Administration by May 23rd, 2019 by email: DELEGATION-JORDAN-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu. The subject title must CLEARLY indicate: "Applying for Secretary Post at the Administration Section ".
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.