Implementing organisation: UNDP
Project budget: € 2 million
Location: Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan
Keywords: Afghan women, education, scholarships, trainings, economic empowerment
Contract number: ACA/2019/407-469
Programme Development Objective
The overall Programme’s objective is to strengthen human capacity development in Afghanistan by increasing women’s access to quality higher education and TVET through cooperation with Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
Main target group: Afghan women
Programme is being implemented in close cooperation with UN Women, Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Ministries of Education and academic institutions in the respective programme countries
The Program was launched on 12 November 2019 at the Headquarter of the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium.
Programme Specific Objectives
- Provision of quality academic learning opportunities in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan for women of Afghanistan in selected fields.
- Supporting selected women in obtaining specialised qualifications from education institutions of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
- Enhancing employability of women participating in the programme.
Expected outcomes by May 2025:
50 motivated Afghan women selected, awarded scholarships to pursue degree studies in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan and successfully completed their studies;
- Foundation trainings in languages and cultures of the host countries for potential applicants developed and delivered;
- Participating women equipped with adequate employment skill sets to increase their chances of getting decent jobs and withstand potential shocks women experience throughout their career advancement by attending dedicated summer schools, extracurricular activities and workshops;
- Participating women trained to systematically pursue job opportunities and negotiate with potential employers in public and private sectors.