The European Commission’s DG - European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is seeking to recruit one Programme Assistant National Staff to be based in Sanaa- Yemen for the following position: 1. Programme Assistant – Ref. SAH-PA-2020-01 PROFILE
• A relevant university degree or equivalent professional experience preferable in International Relation, or alternatively in Political Science, Economics & Development Studies, Social Sciences. Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations., including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO's, donor or national/international organisation;
• Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system;
• Good knowledge of International NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement;
• Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and standards;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure in a multitasking position;
• Ability to travel inside Yemen on regular project monitoring visits and outside Yemen when necessary.
• An excellent knowledge of English (verbal & writing).
• An excellent knowledge of Arabic (verbal & writing).
Ref. Ares(2020)7346602 - 04/12/2020 The national staff members observe the NS Code of Conduct as published on https://ec.europa.eu/echo/who/about-echo/field-network_en This is a local position opened to nationals and other residents of Yemen with valid work and residence permits. The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 6 months’ probationary period.
Shortlisted candidates will have to bring the full supporting documentation in original with them during the testing or interview stage in addition to references (including contact details of the HR department and the supervisor) that can be consulted by ECHO. At least one of the references has to include a recent employer.
Interested candidates MUST submit a cover letter, a detailed CV (EUROPASS), academic and employment certificates. Documents should be uploaded through www.akhtaboot.com until 23/01/2021 midnight Local Time Yemen at the latest.
The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 23/02/2021 should consider that they have not been selected. Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
The privacy statement can be found on ECHO website: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/sites/echosite/files/privacy_statement_recruit... DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.