Total number of confirmed cases: 791
Community transmission: 348
(Information current as of 30 November 2020)
Clusters of community transmission are confirmed in the capital city Ulaanbaatar, Selenge, Arkangai, Darkhan-Uul, Orkhon, Dornogobi and Gobisumber aimags. The newly confirmed local transmission cases are all either close or indirect contacts of previously confirmed positive cases.
The Government of Mongolia has extended the nation-wide all-out readiness in Ulaanbaatar, Arkhangai and Selenge provinces until 11 December 2020, which entails a strict lock-down. During the lock-down the public is urged to refrain from all non-essential movements. All non-essential movements are prohibited beyond the timeframe 7.00-10.00 and 17.00-20.00. Pedestrians and vehicles are stopped by the police to check the purpose of their movement. Public transportation continues to operate between 6.00-22.00. Travel to and from Ulaanbaatar is suspended.
The following businesses and services are allowed function:
- Energy supplies,
- Food stores and supermarkets, food manufacturers, food distribution services;
- Crude oil supplies, transportation and trade,
- Water supply and disinfection
- Hospitals and pharmacies;
- Courts and notaries;
- Manufacturing or processing businesses such as printing houses, packaging, wood processing and construction material plants;
- Communication and media,
- Distribution services, e-trading;
- Gas stations, fuel suppliers;
- Public toilets, disinfection and sterilization places;
- Livestock fodder suppliers;
- Special services and state-owned organisations of particular and strategic importance;
- Funeral services.
People working in the sectors where activities are not restricted are allowed to travel by public transport, official vehicles, and private vehicles between 6.00 to 22.00
In Orkhon, Gobisumber, Dornogobi, Darkhan-Uul and other non-affected aimags, the strict-lockdown has been lowered. Businesses and other activities except public events, school and kindergarten and entertainment activities, in these aimags will be carried out normally.
All charter flights are suspended until 11 December.
- Mongolian authorities suspended the entry of all passengers through all border checkpoints through 31 December 2020.
- Suspension of all passenger flights;
- Suspension of international passenger train travel;
- Closure of all land borders of Mongolia with China and Russia.
This restriction does not apply to:
- Accredited staff and their direct family members of diplomatic missions and offices of international organisations in Mongolia (to be quarantined in facilities for 21 days upon arrival and are requested to self-isolate for 14 days at home as per Mongolian citizens);
- Foreign nationals who are direct family members of Mongolian nationals (to be quarantined in facilities for 21 days upon arrival and are requested to self-isolate for 14 days at home as per Mongolian citizens);
- Restriction of movement is enforced. All non-essential transport and movement is prohibited beyond the timeframe between 7.00-10.00 and 17.00-20.00.
- Everyone is required to wear a facemask in public places. Non-compliance is subjected to a fine up to MNT 50 000 (EUR 15).
- Upon entry, foreign and Mongolian citizens are subject to a 21-day quarantine at a government facility at their own expense and 14 days of home isolation.
Authorities might issue further travel restrictions, recommendations and updates.
We advise EU citizens to keep regular contact with their representing Embassy and consult the travel advice issued by EU Member States as well as local resources.
EU Member States Travel Advice