“Culture for the Future – Creativity, Innovation and Dialogue for Inclusive Development”, organised by DG DEVCO in cooperation with other services of the Commission and the EEAS. The Colloque will take place on Sunday 16th and Monday 17th June, at the Palais des Beaux Arts de Bruxelles (BOZAR), back to back to the next edition of EDDs.
This two day conference represents a key moment to reflect and draft the future of EU support to the cultural dimension of development and international cooperation. Together with around 400 professionals from cultural and creative sectors from our partner countries (eg. beneficiaries of EDF programmes) and the EU Member States, CSOs, platforms, other various stakeholders we will take this opportunity to propose concrete and innovative approaches for implementation of the future EU cooperation, building on present EU policy and actions.
The Colloquium is expected to anchor culture and creative industries as a key dimension of development and cooperation policies at EU and MS level, and encourage investment from private sector and financing institutions. Youth participation will be ensured through an open call for applications. Over the two days, the participants will work together in eight working groups, and discuss the following key topics:
1) Opportunities for Job Creation and Inclusiveness in Culture and Creative Industries;
2) Challenge related to financing;
3)Access to markets and
4) Impact and opportunities of the Digital Revolution.
Moving forward, the expected deliverables of the Colloque are:
· A Manifesto for investment in culture in international cooperation which will represent a result of the direct work of cultural operators, project beneficiaries during the two day event to be presented as a legacy for post 2020. It will be followed by the list of proposals of concrete actions to include within EU external policy agenda and partnership frameworks with Africa, Latin America and Asia post-2020;
· Online platform for professionals of the creative industries of both EU and partner countries.
The key outcomes of the Colloquium as well as the final version of Manifesto will be presented at a high-level panel at the European Development Days 2019, on Tuesday 18th June, after the opening session.
Please find the online application form under www.culture4future.eu and attached the call for proposals in