#BeTheWave is a new social media initiative that asks young people around the world to think global and act local. The campaign challenges users to make small, climate-friendly changes in their daily lives, share their achievements on Instagram, and inspire their friends and followers to do the same. In doing so, #BeTheWave will show how even the simplest action can grow from a ripple into a wave of global change.
Taking the challenge on Instagram - Step-by-step guide:
- Go on Instagram
- Start a new story
- At the bottom of your screen a set of filters will appear: choose #BeTheWave
- Keep pressing the record button and the challenge will roll out
- When it stops, your challenge appears, and you will be ready to go!
Once you have your assigned action, film yourself completing it: show others how you are unplugging electronic devices you are not using, the flowers you have planted, the clothes you are re-using etc.
Tag #BeTheWave and @eudiplomacy and challenge your friends to take the challenge too!
When posting your story, use our GIF as well:
- From your Instagram Story, tap the GIF icon to add GIF stickers
- Tap on the GIF button and select a trending GIF sticker or search for one
- To find the #BeTheWave GIF, tap “Be the wave” or “EEAS” in the search bar.
Learn more about #BeTheWave in the Campaign Explainer