Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Turkmenistan?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Head of DelegationSection of the EU Delegation to Turkmenistan, starting in May 2021.
The EU Delegation to Turkmenistan
- ensures the representation of the European Union to Turkmenistan;
- ensures the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical);
- ensures the follow-up of EU policies in all sectors;
- promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU;
- contributes to coordination with Member States’ Embassies, particularly in the fields of EU competences, notably trade and external assistance;
- carries out the CFSP demarches and coordinates with the Member States when appropriate;
- reports back to Headquarters on all matters of interest for EU policies;
- carries out press and public diplomacy activities in pursuit of the above;
- assists with the implementation of the multi-annual programming of aid and the management of programmes and devolved projects within the framework of the external aid instruments of the EU Budget.
- Research and compiling of press materials
- Research and compiling of social media posts
- Monitoring of social media activity and flagging on notifications to the P&I Officer
- Compile a weekly list of suggested posts for social media channels
- Support and participation in P&I activities
- Open sources research on subjects of interest to the EU; summarizing the results of the research in English
- Support colleagues in office administration processes, information systems, accounting tasks and document management;
- Assist in practical aspects of meetings, visits, workshops, receptions and other activities of the Delegation;
- Provide translation and interpretation services on request (English, Russian, Turkmen);
- Analyse and summarize documents;
- Prepare notes and routine correspondence;
- Any other task as requested by the Head of the EU Delegation according to the needs of the service.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Turkmenistan will only be considered;
- young graduates with at least a Bachelor Diploma (or equivalent) in communication, international relations, public affairs, business administration, European studies or similar;
- very good knowledge of the working language of the Delegation - English (minimum ability to understand C1, ability to read C1, ability to speak C1, ability to write C1 according Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - Self-assessment grid available at https://www.cedefop.europa.eu/files/europass_-_european_language_levels_-_self_assessment_grid.pdf);
- very good knowledge of Turkmen and Russian language (ability to understand C2, ability to read C2, ability to speak C2, ability to write C2 according Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - Self-assessment grid available at https://www.cedefop.europa.eu/files/europass_-_european_language_levels_-_self_assessment_grid.pdf);
- independent user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet browser.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-TURKMENISTAN-HOA@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - HOD section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates not permanently residing in Turkmenistan must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.