Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in South Africa?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Information and CommunicationSection of the EU Delegation to the Republic of South Africa, starting in May 2020.
Contribute to the Delegation's important work on EU – South Africa (SA) relations in the respective thematic field, specifically:
- Analyze the current and foreseen dynamics of EU/South Africa partnership.
- Monitor political developments in SA and SA foreign affairs, and contribute to drafting political reports under the guidance of the staff of the section.
- Conduct short-term and longer term research on specific issues of interest in the fields of foreign affairs, domestic political affairs, human rights.
- Collate information on EU legislation and politics of relevance to SA for dissemination to the wider public.
- Attend and report on public events, seminars, conferences.
- Administrative support to public diplomacy events, visits organized by the Delegation, and visits from Headquarters.
Qualifications or special requirements:
You may apply for the traineeship if:
- You are a young graduate with a University diploma (at least Bachelor's degree) in International Relations, Law, Social Studies, Politics, Economics or similar subject.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Commitment, ability to complete tasks on schedule, willingness to learn and to contribute to the activities of the Delegation.
Additional qualifications that would be an asset:
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Additional degree in another field
- Past experiences in South Africa or other countries in the region
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Information and Communication
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.