The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent European Union foreign policy. The EEAS supports him in his tasks of conducting the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission responsible for the coordination of the external action of the European Union. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Infrastructure and Safety Division is responsible for the definition and implementation of the Real Estate policy of the EEAS, for Headquarters and in EU Delegations. It monitors and supports EU Delegations in managing real estate projects; it is responsible for the management of the four buildings that host the EEAS in HQ; and it manages the corresponding budget lines, service contracts and procurement procedures.
A position of secretary of the Division in a very friendly and collegial team, to work in the secretariat of the Division and provide secretarial and administrative support to our Division. S/he may be offered the position of Assistant/Secretary to the Head of Division.
WE LOOK FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic, flexible, proactive and highly motivated colleague with very good communication and organisational skills and with a developed sense of service. S/he will have as main responsibilities:
- to provide secretarial support to the Head of Division, the Deputy Head of Division and/or members of the Division;
- to provide secretarial support to the Building Committee of the EEAS, monitoring the list of incoming Building Files, keeping the calendar of meetings, sending out agendas and supporting documents to participants;
- to organise other meetings, video conferences or events, as required by the agenda of the Division, and accompany external visitors in accordance with security regulations;
- to monitor consultations or requests for briefing, contributions, reporting, etc., attributing them internally and monitoring the deadlines of the Division;
- to assist Division members with requests relating to document management or preparation of missions;
- to monitor the incoming/outgoing correspondence of the Division (ARES), its distribution and appropriate filing;
- to ensure implementation of the procedures applicable to the management of documents and good sharing practices as well as coordinating internal procedures as Document Management Officer's correspondent of the Division;
- to manage the electronic filing system of the Division, in line with the ARES filing plan;
- to carry out various administrative tasks such as diary-keeping, filtering telephone calls, drafting correspondence;
- to provide back up to other colleagues in the secretariat.
The successful candidate should:
- have proven experience in the secretarial field;
- communicate clearly and correctly both orally and in writing;
- be a proficient user of main office software (MS Office package);
- have good inter-personal skills;
- be flexible and able adjust to changing priorities, while respecting deadlines;
- be well organised and have an eye for detail;
- have good command of English and French (orally and in writing);
- be able to work and deliver under pressure; and
- be able to work autonomously and in a service-oriented fashion.
- experience in the field of external relations;
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working in EU institutions and/or EU Delegations; and
- good knowledge of standard IT applications used in the EU institutions (such as ARES, MIPS and Sysper) will be considered strong assets.
Candidates for this contract agent II post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post or
(ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties; knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract agent position (Function group II); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Deadline for sending application: Candidates should send their CV and motivation letter (with their EPSO CAST number) to BA-SIfirstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CET (noon).
The CV should be in the format of the European CV, which can be found at the following link:
The selection panel will make a pre-selection based on the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter, and shortlist eligible candidates, who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Interviews will be scheduled in March 2020.
Starting date: as soon as possible in EEAS Headquarters.