Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ghana?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Communication and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ghana, starting in May 2020.
- Contribute to our social media presence and activities, e.g. help ensure EU's visibility on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and our website;
- Contribute to regular and ad hoc political reporting;
- Contribute to organization of events (Europe week and circular economy);
- Contribute to field visits, with the EU Ambassador, her Deputy or Heads of Section.
- Contribute to other press and information activities (press release, outreach to media) as required;
- Notetaking in internal / external meetings as required;
- Participation in external initiatives;
- Production on material for information (photos, videos, articles, notes).
Qualifications or special requirements:
- You have a very good level of English;
- Knowledge of relevant European Union policies and programmes;
- Good drafting / writing skills;
- Demonstrable experience in communication / social media / new technologies.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Communication and Information Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.