The employee will be hired by the European Union, represented by the Head of Delegation of the European Union to Colombia, on behalf of the EIB to work as a Secretary at the EIB Regional Representation for Latin America in Bogota, on the basis of a l a local law employment contract of a fixed-term duration of one year, with possible renewal.
Assist the Resident Representative with running the general administrative tasks and day-to-day business, as well as providing administrative support to the EIB staff during their missions in Bogota.
The Office Assistant will report to and work in close cooperation and under the general guidance of the Head of EIB Regional Representation for Latin America.
· Prepare standard texts (e.g. letters to authorities, answers to clients, compilation of information letters); edit and/or finalise, distribute and file minutes, reports, notes, letters and other documents, as required.
· Handle telephone and other contacts with other institutions and clients as appropriate
· Provide occasional interpretation from Spanish to English, as well as translation of documents from Spanish to English and vice-versa.
· Provide general administrative assistance to EIB personnel on business trips in the country
· Assist in any protocol related matters and similar activities
· Handle and update filing systems and lending databases; no programming skills required.
· Maintain contacts with the EIB headquarters in Luxembourg.
· Liaise with the Delegation's administrative services anytime required.
· It is essential that the Office Assistant has a good understanding of the local public sector and functioning of the ministries and other public authorities, as well as a good understanding of standard financial products (e.g. loans, guarantees, etc.), and related lending operations processes and procedures.
· Able to draft correspondence and edit materials in English and Spanish
· Ability to work independently.
· Sense of responsibility and initiative.
· Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
· Rigorous and able to meet deadlines and priorities.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Excellent team spirit.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Flexibility and availability for undertaking when needed a work schedule adapted to the working hours in Luxembourg, and in line with the work regulations of the EU Delegation to Bogota
· Higher education diploma, preferably in office management / business administration / languages.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a financial/banking operational environment in an international setting.
· Good knowledge of standard computer tools (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Knowledge of SAP "Business Objects” would be an advantage.
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles (i.e. required for maintaining the petty cash ledger and monthly office cost reporting)
· Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish. Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to . The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV1 in English.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 01 March 2020