1. The Transport Community Permanent Secretariat
The Transport Community is an International Organisation established by the Treaty establishing the Transport Community ("the Treaty") that was signed on 9 October 2017 and comprises the following Parties: the European Union, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, Kosovo*, Montenegro and Serbia.
The Transport Community shall be based on the progressive integration of transport markets of the South East European Parties into the European Union transport market on the basis of the relevant acquis, including in the areas of technical standards, interoperability, safety, security, traffic management, social policy, public procurement and environment, for all modes of transport excluding air transport.
The aim of the Treaty therefore is the creation of a Transport Community in the field of road, rail, inland waterway and maritime transport as well as the development of the transport network between the European Union and the South East European Parties (SEE).
The Permanent Secretariat of the Transport Community ("the Secretariat") is one of the institutions set up under the Treaty. Being the only institution with permanent staff, it provides administrative support to the other institutions of the Transport Community (the Ministerial Council, the Regional Steering Committee, the technical committees and the Social Forum), acts as a Transport Observatory to monitor the performance of the indicative TEN-T extension of the comprehensive and core networks to the Western Balkans and supports the implementation of the Western Balkans Six (WB6) Connectivity Agenda aiming to improve links within the Western Balkans as well as between the region and the European Union. It also reviews the implementation of the obligations under the Treaty.
The working language of the Transport Community is English.
The Secretariat is located in Belgrade.
The Secretariat's staff comprises about 20 persons.
2. The position of Rail Project Officer
The responsibilities of the Rail Project Officer, working under the supervision of the rail coordinator, include:
3. Eligibility criteria:
To be considered for the selection phase, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria by the closing date for applications:
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of a Contracting Party of the Transport Community or of a Member State of the European Union.
- University Degree or Diploma: A University degree as follows: - a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more, or - a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is at least three years (this one year’s professional experience cannot be included in the post-graduate professional experience required below).
- Professional Experience: Have at least 8 years post-graduate experience acquired after the required qualifications referred to above was obtained;
- Relevant Professional Experience: Of the 8 years of professional experience, have acquired at least 3 years in rail sector; - Languages: Have a thorough knowledge of spoken and written English; - Age Limit: At the deadline for applications, be able to complete the full three -yearmandate before the end of the month in which she or he reaches the age of 66.
- Travel requirements: low to medium
4. Selection criteria:
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria:
1) Technical skills
- Proven capacity to monitor policy initiatives and programmes.
- Proven experience in rail sector.
2) Technical knowledge
A University degree in engineering, economics, political sciences, public administration or law. A specialisation in rail transport would be an asset.
5. Independence and declaration of interests
The person appointed will be required to make a declaration of commitment to act independently in the public interest and to make a declaration in respect of any interests which might be considered prejudicial to his/her independence. Applicants must confirm their willingness to do so in their application.
6. Selection and appointment
A selection panel will be set up for the selection process. This panel will invite applicants with the best profile for the specific requirements of the post to an interview, selected on the basis of their merits relevant to the post according to the criteria set out above. Candidates might be asked to make a written test. The candidates not invited to an interview will be informed by e-mail and will have the possibility to introduce a complaint against this decision within ten working days following the receipt of the e-mail. Any argument must be based on the initial application.
No additional information will be taken into consideration.
The selection panel has to reply to the candidates within ten working days (date of the receipt of the complaint). Following those interviews, the Director will inform the candidate selected for the job within 10 days.
The candidates who have been interviewed but not retained for the position will be informed by e-mail. The candidates will have the possibility to introduce a complaint against this decision within ten working days following the receipt of the e-mail.
The Permanent Secretariat of the Transport Community has to reply to the candidates within ten working days (date of the receipt of the complaint).
7. Equal opportunities
The Commission and the Transport Community applies a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination in accordance with the Rules for Recruitment, working conditions and geographical equilibrium of the Permanent Secretariat's Staff.
The person selected for the position of Rail Project Officer will be appointed as staff of the Transport Community for a three-year period, with a probation period of 6 months. The contract may be renewed based on performance and subject to a decision by the Director.
The place of employment is Belgrade, where the Transport Community Permanent Secretariat is based. Compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate, corresponding to experience and education.
Annual salary will indicatively range from EUR 4.500 to EUR 5.000 (monthly) depending on the level of experience.
Availability at the earliest convenience would be an advantage.
9. Application procedure
For applications to be valid, candidates must submit:
(1) a motivation letter;
(2) a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English.
The CV should preferably be drafted using the Euro pass CV format.
The CV must imperatively refer to the job requirements as listed in the present vacancy notice and explain how, in the candidate's view, she/he meets at least each of the skills and competences mentioned therein.
■ Certified copies of diplomas or certificates of studies
■ Copy of passport/ID
■ Employer references, work certificates or employment contracts
■ A signed declaration using the attached form in Annex Applications that are incomplete will be rejected. 1
In order to facilitate the selection process, all communication with applicants concerning this vacancy will be in English.
Applications, clearly specifying the job for which the candidate applies, should be sent by email to:
Applicants are asked to report any change of address in writing without delay to the address above.
Contact person for additional information:
Phone: +32 229-91527
10. Closing date
Applications must be sent by email no later than 29 February 2020, 1 PM, Brussels time (date of the e-mail). The Permanent Secretariat reserves the right to extend the closing date of this vacancy by publication on dedicated websites. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to schedule the interviews. The interviews will be organized in Belgrade (Serbia).
11. Important information for applicants
Applicants are reminded that the work of the selection committees is confidential. It is forbidden for applicants to make direct or indirect contact with members of these committees or for anybody to do so on their behalf.
12. Protection of personal data
The Commission will ensure that candidates' personal data are processed as required by Regulation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data. This applies in particular to the confidentiality and security of such data .
More information can be found on Transport Community Web Page.
Mother tongue: …………………………………………………………………
Other languages: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………
(1) I, the undersigned, declare that the information provided in this application form and its enclosures is correct and complete.
(2) I declare that:
(a) I am a national of one of the Member States of the European Union or one of the South East European Parties as listed in the Treaty establishing the Transport Community and enjoy my full rights as a national.
(b) I have fulfilled any obligation imposed on me by the laws concerning military service.
(c) I can produce appropriate character references to prove my suitability for the performance of the envisaged duties.
(3) Upon request, I will provide supporting documents concerning the three points 2) a., b. and c. above promptly, and I recognize that, if I do not provide such documents, my application will not be considered.
(4) I am aware that the following supporting documents are essential for the admissibility of my application form: (a) Documents proving the date of birth, nationality and residence
(b) Diplomas or certificates of studies at the level required
(c) Employer references, work certificates or employment contracts
(5) I declare that I have not been subject of a penal or disciplinary condemnation (public service or professional bodies) and that I am not the subject of disciplinary of criminal proceedings.
(6) I am aware that any false declaration may result in the cancellation of my application or, if necessary, the termination of the employment agreement with the Permanent Secretariat of the Transport Community. ………………… ………………. …