The European Union currently has 142 Delegations, which are placed under the authority of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, who is also Vice President of the European Commission.
The Administration Assistant (AA) is responsible, under the authority of the Head of Delegation (HoD) and under the direct responsibility of the Head of Administration (HoA), for the day to day running of the Delegation.
Tasks include in particular the coordination of all activities related to the management of the office building and the Residence (owned by the EEAS), such as;
- Responsible under supervision of Head of Administration and in close cooperation with other colleagues for drafting tender specifications, preparing tender dossiers, launching, implementing and finalising tender procedures in compliance with the Financial Regulation and in line with the principle of sound financial management.
- Facility manager: responsible for the maintenance and services of work facilities to ensure the well-functioning of the Delegation buildings. Overseeing and implementing contracts for services and supplies including maintenance, security, parking, sublease, cleaning etc. Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments. Ensuring that facilities meet regulations and environmental, health and security standards. Being a focal point for the tenants and assist in decision making about leasing and office allocations.
- Building & Residence Health and Safety coordinator: liaison with other tenants, facility management company and follow up the building compliance on Local & EU level.
- Controlling and ensuring adequate timing, completeness and correctness of legal commitments encoded in ABAC.
- Provides various reporting and proactively following-up contract implementation and budget consumption.
- Contract Assistant: verifying legal aspects of contracts, ensuring conformity of contracts with applicable internal rules and templates to guarantee legal, regular and sound financial management.
- Financial verifying agent: Imprest Account Holder in the absence of the HOA.
- Budget assistant: overlooking the financial and budget management. Contribution for preparation of the annual administrative budget estimates - forecasts, follow-up, revisions, and updates.
- Follow up of various security matters in liaison with the EEAS HQ and the Regional Security Officer (RSO) (guarding contract, security installations) and being part of the Security Management team (SMT)
The AA assists the HoA who plays a fundamental role inside the Delegation and in relation with local authorities and companies. The selected candidate will work in close cooperation with the local staff, which is essential for the overall performance of the Delegation. He/she will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks and stakeholders.
WE LOOK FOR
The European External Action Service (EEAS) is seeking a highly motivated Contract Agent FG III to occupy the post of Administration Assistant in the EU Delegation in the USA (Washington D.C.).
The successful candidate will have the following profile and qualities:
- Formal education, training and/or equivalent experience
Post-secondary education in business administration, human resources management, finance, accounting, public administration, public affairs, European Public Law or equivalent practical experience in these areas.
- Successful experience in specific areas of expertise
Proven pertinent experience in one or several of the following areas:
- experience in managing US Limited Liability Company and dealing with related obligations (tax aspects, dealing with business counterparts incl. US lawyers, tax accountants, etc).
- tender procedures, preparation and management of contracts;
- management of an annual operating budget, including preparation, adjustment and monitoring its execution; including financial commitments and payments;
- follow-up, adjustment and verification of the execution of the authorised budget;
- knowledge of ABAC, e-TED, BUDGDEL, ARES, e-DAS, e-EPC, ESDAP, IMMOGEST, MIPS, SYSPER, PPMT (either as a user or having completed relevant training modules);
- experience in Delegation security management (support to the DSC and dealing with day-to-day security matters);
- experience in managing large infrastructure projects / construction works;
- management of an imprest account.
- Successful experience in team management and/or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience and/or training in team management.
- General skills and competencies
The AA role requires organisational skills, openness and flexibility, adaptability, willingness to learn and to take the initiative when necessary. He/she must be able to work independently under the instructions of the HoA.
Excellent human contacts, team work and the ability to work under direct supervision of the HoA are also necessary. A rigorous approach towards administrative and financial rules is a prerequisite.
Candidates should also demonstrate:
- a service minded attitude;
- a capacity to assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing complex tasks in a multicultural environment;
- a proven experience and/or training in oral and written communication;
- computer literacy, and an ability to work with Windows applications;
- a capability to be a team player working in close cooperation with other team members of the Section;
- good negotiation skills.
- Working languages
- Capacity to work in languages of CFSP (EN and FR).
- Excellent Business English writing and negotiation skills
- The following elements would constitute an advantage
- experience in external relations;
- previous experience in EU institutions and/or EU Delegations, notably from the administrative section;
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
In order to be eligible for the post of Contract Agent FG III candidates must:
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for engagement as contract agent FG III:
- (i) Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma; or
- (ii) a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years; or
- (iii) in exceptional circumstances and where justified in the interest of the service, professional training or professional experience of an equivalent level (related to the nature of the tasks and qualifications indicated in the Job Description).
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- Applicants must be able to work in a different socio-cultural environment and to adapt quickly to evolving situations.
- Candidates are deemed to be fully aware of the local living conditions, including information concerning the accommodation, before applying. Individual post reports are available from EEAS.BA.HR.3, Rights and Obligations (RIGHTS-AND-OBLIGATIONS@eeas.europa.eu ).
- Candidates should ensure that they are also fully aware of the provisions of Annex X of the SR. Annex X of the SR does not apply to Delegations located within the European Union (i.e. Paris, Rome, Strasbourg, Vienna).
Before submitting their application, candidates should carefully check whether they meet all the eligibility criteria. Failure to meet any of these eligibility requirements means an automatic exclusion from the selection procedure.
Applications (CV and motivation letters) are to be sent to:
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address:http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae
In your application, please mention your EPSO candidate number.
The closing date for the submission of applications is 05/03/2020 at 18.00 (CET). Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The preselected candidates will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if (s) he does not already hold security clearance to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with the relevant security provisions.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR CONTRACT AGENT POSTS
Contract agent 3 a position (Function group III); initial contract for a period of 3 years.
Successful candidates must undergo a medical examination to ensure that they are physically fit to perform their duties. When selected candidates undergo their medical visit, they should indicate any serious health problems or requirements for specialised medical treatment for themselves and/or for the individuals who will accompany them. If staff members withhold such information they will not benefit from a reimbursement by the institution of certain costs, e.g. expenses relating to medical evacuation.
Job available from: 1st April 2020
Living conditions allowances: 0%