The European Union currently has 142 delegations, which are placed under the authority of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, who is also Vice President of the European Commission.
The European External Action Service (EEAS) is seeking a highly motivated contract agent FG II to occupy the post of Assistant of the Head of Delegation Section in the EU Delegation to the Republic of Serbia.
The Assistant will be required to provide general administrative and secretarial support as well as document management services to the Head of Delegation Section.
In order to be eligible for the post of contract agent FG II candidates must:
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for engagement as contract agent FG II:
- (i) Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma; or
- (ii) a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years; or
- (iii) in exceptional circumstances and where justified in the interest of the service, professional training or professional experience of an equivalent level (related to the nature of the tasks and qualifications indicated in the Job Description).
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- Proven experience as a section assistant;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and procedures;
- Knowledge of filing methods and document management systems;
- Sound computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation systems, internet and e-mail).
- Experience in external relations;
- Experience in handling secure communications and classified information;
- Knowledge of IT tools used in EU institutions (ARES, MIPS, Sysper2, Syslog, RUE, etc.);
- Experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
will be considered as strong assets.
General skills and competences
- Capacity to assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing a diversity of tasks in a difficult, complex, and multicultural environment without constant supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands;
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively and to focus on priorities;
- Capacity to be able to work as part of a team as well as with a degree of autonomy;
- Sense of initiative, responsibility, discretion, organisation and innovation;
- Ability to deal with confidential matters professionally;
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people;
- Ability to organise social events, taking into account protocol rules;
- Ability to work in a different socio-cultural environment and to adapt quickly to evolving situations;
- Ability to sustain pressure of life and work in difficult conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate high level of resilience.
- Ability to deal with a high degree of isolation (living in a landlocked country with poor flight connections).
- Have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Applicants must be able to work in a different socio-cultural environment and to adapt quickly to evolving situations.
- As a matter of policy, applications of individuals who have the dual nationality of the host country or the partner of whom has the nationality of the host country will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The EEAS examines if there could be a conflict of interest and the consequence of a possible refusal by the host country to grant diplomatic immunity to the staff member and or his/her partner and family, as well as possible security risks. The HR Department may ask for additional information from the applicant in this context.
- Candidates are deemed to be fully aware of the local living conditions, including information concerning the accommodation, before applying. Individual post reports are available from EEAS.BA.HR.3, Rights and Obligations (RIGHTS-AND-OBLIGATIONS@eeas.europa.eu).
- Candidates should ensure that they are also fully aware of the provisions of Annex X of the SR. Annex X of the SR does not apply to Delegations located within the European Union (i.e. Paris, Rome, Strasbourg, Vienna).
Before submitting their application, candidates should carefully check whether they meet all the eligibility criteria. Failure to meet any of these eligibility requirements means an automatic exclusion from the selection procedure.
Applications (CV and motivation letters) are to be sent to the Head of Administration:
DELEGATION-SERBIA-ADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu with copy to
In your application, please mention your EPSO candidate number.
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form, which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae
The closing date for the submission of applications is 05/03/2020 at 18.00 (CET). Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The preselected candidates will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if (s) he does not already hold security clearance to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with the relevant security provisions.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR CONTRACT AGENT POSTS
Contract agent 3a position (Function group II); initial contract for a period of 3 years.
Successful candidates must undergo a medical examination to ensure that they are physically fit to perform their duties. When selected candidates undergo their medical visit, they should indicate any serious health problems or requirements for specialised medical treatment for themselves and/or for the individuals who will accompany them. If staff members withhold such information they will not benefit from a reimbursement by the institution of certain costs, e.g. expenses relating to medical evacuation, or to a return to Headquarters in the case of early rotation.
Job available from: vacant
LCA (living conditions allowances): 10%