Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Kenya?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political and Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Kenya, starting in May 2020.
The current team includes a Head of Section, a Press and Information Officer, a Political Adviser and a Secretary. You would contribute to all the aspects of the Section's work.
- Actively contribute to the work of the Political, Press and Information Section at the EU Delegation to Kenya.
- Under the guidance of the political adviser, follow Kenyan political trends and contribute to political reporting and analysis.
- Contribute to the Delegation engagement with the Kenyan media,
- Under the guidance of the Delegation Press and Information Officer, regularly update the Delegation website and social media accounts.
- Support the Political, Press and Information Section in the design and layout of information material.
- Fulfilling other duties, as required.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Hold a university degree, and have a proven interest in the field of international relations, political sciences or journalism/media, OR
- Be at least in the second year of university studies in a field related to international relations, political sciences or journalism/media
- Have proven social media skills;
- Be a team player and good communicator;
- Be hard working and see the internship as an opportunity for personal development;
- Familiarity with the way the EU works and general knowledge of Europe is a major advantage;
- Knowledge of second European language besides English is an advantage
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.