Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Mexico?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 4 months within the Political, Press, and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Mexico, starting in May 2020.
- Daily monitoring of the Mexican media;
- Contributing to political reporting on issues relevant for EU-Mexico relations (incl. bilateral, regional, global developments);
- Conducting research and analysis of specific topic as needed and preparing speaking points for conferences, seminars etc.;
- Supporting the organisation of visits or events in Mexico including public diplomacy activities;
- Taking notes and reporting from EU coordination meetings or other meetings, in particular related to human rights.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Relevant University degree, e.g. in international relations, political science or EU affairs;
- Very good command of Spanish and English (oral and written);
- Ability to conduct political analysis of developing events;
- Familiarity with Latin America politics is preferable.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.