Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Egypt?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Foreign Affairs Team of the Political Section of the EU Delegation to Egypt], starting in April 2020.
- Monitoring and providing written reports on the latest regional and international affairs concerning Egypt and the League of Arab States.
- Researching and composing in-depth political analysis of important foreign policy issues pertaining to Egypt.
- Assisting in preparation of high-level visits from EU Headquarters, including input to briefings and agenda.
- Participating in conferences to broaden knowledge and understanding of key issues.
- Organising, partaking in, and producing minutes of meetings regarding foreign affairs at the EU Delegation.
Qualifications or special requirements: not mandatory
- Strong background in political science and/or international relations, or a very strong proven capacity for one of those above mentioned fields.
- Preferably specific knowledge of Egypt's current domestic, regional, and foreign policy issues.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage in widening the scope of the tasks assigned to the intern.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to produce insightful and timely reports.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Foreign Affair Team
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.