Local Agent Group IV
The Delegation of the European Union in Jordan is seeking to recruit a Secretary for the Cooperation Section. The person appointed will be offered an unlimited contract on terms appropriate to his/her position.
Job Location: Delegation of the European Union in Amman- Jordan.
Tasks will include:
- Secretary for the Cooperation Section.
- Takes care of all meetings arrangements (lists of participants, logistics, info to security, catering), takes minutes when required, follows up on points if necessary. Coordinates with other departments and local counterparts.
- Maintains agenda of persons assigned to work with, and manages the official telephone calls of the assigned section members if requested.
- Handles official travel arrangements for assigned section members and offers secretarial support for missions from HQ.
- Takes care of all protocol issues, documents etc for the Cooperation section members and their personal effects, Translates from Arabic to English.
- Assist programme managers with projects' follow-up (correspondence and encoding in dedicated databases)
- Taking care of the stationary and its inventory.
- Provides assistance by maintaining the diary, answering the telephone, filtering calls and taking messages, responding to general inquiries creating and updating the lists of contacts and managing the e-mail exchanges and calendar.
- Ensures follow-up and respect deadlines in the group activities.
- Takes, transcribes and prepares notes, minutes, routine correspondence, presentations and other tasks.
- Manages information and procedures on missions, holidays, leave and absence records and similar personnel formalities.
- Provides administrative support to the section in terms of filing, mail contracts dispatching, agenda, section meetings minutes, etc.
- Organisation and setting up of the missions, meetings, conferences, seminars &workshops within the framework of activities of the section.
- The candidate must have a minimum professional experience of 2 years, including at least 1 year in tasks directly related to the post job description
- Experience in an international working environment would be an asset
- University studies in areas relevant to the duties would be an advantage (e.g. business administration, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, scheduling and communication.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Good communication skills
- Prioritising and Organising
- Ability to work within a team
Interested candidates must send a motivation letter and their Curriculum Vitae to the attention of Head of Administration by July 4th, 2019 by email: DELEGATION-JORDAN-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu. The subject title must CLEARLY indicate: "Applying for Secretary Post at the Cooperation Section".
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.