The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports her tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in her capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to her responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
Within the EEAS, the Information and Document Management Sector is responsible for assisting HQ and the network of 141 Delegations worldwide to develop and implement the vision of a corporate Information Management Strategy that transforms the EEAS into a knowledge-centric institution that favours collaboration as working method.
The position of Information Management Officer in the Information and Document Management Sector.
Key responsibilities of the position will in particular entail:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the corporate Information Management Strategy as a coherent ensemble that integrates collaboration, records management, archives, knowledge management and digital preservation
- Assist with developing implementing guidelines to turn the vision of the Information Management Strategy into reality
- Help manage the Information Management Committee
- Ensure a consistent document management framework for unclassified, sensitive and restricted documents, paying special attention to flows between these three categories (declassification, review). Draft clear guidelines addressing user needs for sensitive and restricted documents and ensure document management perspective in the framework of the RESCOM project
- Report to management on progress and outcomes of administrative activities
- Provide staff and management with information on procedural issues via Intranet and other channels such as collaborative platforms
- Provide training sessions, both at HQ and in delegations (by video-conferences and, when relevant, on the spot)
- Ensure mentoring and / or coaching; answer to all Information Management related questions addressed by HQ or delegations to the relevant functional mailbox.
- Initiate and co-ordinate collaboration with colleagues and services in order to develop and implement homogeneous and compatible procedures, norms and methods to organise, preserve and make accessible internal information and documents
Candidates for this contract agent IV post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in FG IV ; or
(ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in FG IV https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- have minimum working experience of three years in an international environment with exposure to financial, procurement and legal matters; and
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- have an excellent ability to maintain interpersonal relations and to ensure communication in a complex, multi-cultural environment;
- have an outstanding information management background providing them with a wide professional overview of all developments in this field
- be stress resistant and able to work under tight deadlines;
- have experience with Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS)
- experience as lecturer or formal trainer in related fields; and
- knowledge about management of restricted documents in the EU Institutions; and
- experience on information governance and maturity models, would be considered as strong assets.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract agent position (Function group IV); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Starting date : July 2019 TBC
Interviews will be scheduled in the first half of June 2019 (only short listed candidates will be contacted).
Deadline for sending application. Please send your cv and cover letter to Ms. Gustavo CASTANER MARQUARDT (email@example.com) by 05/06/2019