The EU Delegation in Geneva marks this anniversary date with a variety of activities:
- On 2 May the EU jointly with the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union hosts a special Europe Day concert in the Victoria Hall, featuring Romanian pianist Matei Varga accompanied by the Orchestre des Nations. The concert is free of charge and tickets have been made available to the diplomatic community in Geneva. The wider public can also still receive free tickets at the Billeterie de la ville de Genève. Find more information on the concert here.
- On 9 May a lunchtime reception will take place at the premises of the EU in Geneva. This event is by invitation only.
- EU flags will fly on the Mont Blanc bridge during the first week of May.
- EU flags will also be placed on TPG busses and trams on 9 May.
- The Jet d'Eau, Geneva's landmark, will be illuminated in blue at sunset (starting from 9.30/10 p.m) on 9 May.
- A large EU Team consisting of staff from the EU and EU Member State Missions will participate in the 'Harmony Geneva Marathon for Unicef' on 11 and 12 May, running under the EU flag.
- A video to show the EU's support for the 30th anniversary of the Convention of the Rights of the Child will be launched on 9 May.
- Follow us on Twitter @EU_UNGeneva for more updates, pictures and videos of this year's Europe Day celebrations. #EuropeDayinGeneva #EuropeDay2019
Happy Europe Day 2019!