Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Kyrgyz Republic?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Operations Section of the EU Delegation to the Kyrgyz Republic, starting in June 2019.
The Operations Section is responsible for programming development cooperation through projects and grants. The objective is to support the sustainable growth of Kyrgyzstan by focusing on the economic, social and environmental aspects of development.
- Support on Visibility
- Support implementation of the EUD Communication Strategy for 2019, for example by providing content for the Delegation's social media channels and website;
- Support raising awareness of development cooperation between the EU and the Kyrgyz Republic, in particular about the activities funded by the EU in the Kyrgyz Republic under the Multi-annual Indicative Programme (MIP) 2014-2020 and other cooperation envelopes
- Support on Coordination with the Government
- Assist with the mapping of ongoing development cooperation projects and cooperate with relevant government representatives and development partners;
- Report about all EUD projects in close collaboration with program managers
- Reporting & Other
- Assist and report on any kind of meetings when requested
- Provide ad-hoc support when requested
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (political science, economy, law, history, international relations or international development)
- Knowledge of the functioning and policies of the European Union; basic knowledge of and interest in the work of the European Union in Kyrgyzstan
- Excellent analytical, communication and drafting skills in English
- Excellent computer literacy
- Willingness and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Russian language is an asset
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Euro pass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – "Operations + Last Name + First Name".
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.