¿Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? ¿Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ecuador?
What do we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ecuador, starting in July 2019.
- Contribute to preparing content for the EU delegation website and other relevant websites, as well as content and management of the Delegation social media;
- Assist in the organization of EU events (Europe Day, Film Festival, etc) or events supported by the EU;
- Prepare content for key messages and speeches;
- Take part in seminars and events & report back;
- Gather and monitor daily incoming information in the press for reports;
- Follow-up and analyse political developments in the country;
- Investigate, compile information on specific topics of interest for the Delegation, draft background notes;
- BA degree in Political Science, International relations, communication or related
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Good knowledge or specialization in Latin America
- Good analytical and drafting skills
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-ECUADOR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter in Spanish describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political, Press and Information Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance and accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.