The Delegation of the European Union in Jordan is seeking to recruit a temporary Driver for the Administration Section. The person appointed will be offered a limited contract for three months period.
Job Location: Delegation of the European Union Amman- Jordan.
Tasks will include:
- Driving all Delegation vehicles in a responsible way in accordance with traffic regulations in order to minimise the risk of accidents and misuse.
- Assuming full responsibility for the assigned Delegation vehicle(s).
- Ensuring that the assigned vehicle(s) is in a clean condition both internally and externally. This involves follow-up and supervision of the actual cleaning of the vehicle(s). Smoking is prohibited in the assigned vehicle(s), and special attention should be given not to leave litter and clutter in the vehicle(s).
- Topping up the fuel of the assigned vehicle(s) as soon as the tank is half empty.
- Reminding the administration section in writing for the normal, periodic maintenance and service checks of the assigned vehicle(s).
- Submitting a written report to the Administration as soon as any change or deficiency is noted in the assigned vehicle(s).
- Reporting to the Administration at 08h30 to receive the daily schedule.
- Reporting to the Administration upon the completion of the tasks assigned.
- Helping in the transport of light goods and simple office equipment as may be required.
- Referring any and all unscheduled tasks requested by Delegation staff or any other agents to the administration before execution.
- Backing up all other Delegation drivers in all their duties upon the request of the administration.
- Perform any other official duties as might be agreed with the HoA.
We're looking for
We're looking for an energetic person and able to handle several strands of work in parallel in a high pressure environment and often early/late hours. Being flexible and having an ability to work well with others is vital.
Previous experience working in the public, private or international organisation sectors and as driver would be an asset.
Education and Training
- Secondary school (mandatory)
- Professional driver diploma (asset)
- 4 years or more of driving experience as a professional driver with at least 5-year valid driving license (mandatory)
- Previous experience of driving with other embassies or international organizations (asset)
- Experience in customs clearance procedures, formalities for car registration and car sale (asset)
Specialist knowledge (know what)
Familiarity with location of Embassies, Ministries, International Organizations and others within Amman (asset)
Technical knowledge (know how)
Some knowledge of mechanics for vehicles (asset)
Good command of Arabic and English (spoken).
Able to work as a team member with good inter-personal skills
Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Please send your application and supporting documents, to the attention of the Head of Administration, to the functional DELEGATION-JORDAN-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu. Indicating as subject: "Applying for Driver Post at the Administration Section ", the package should include:
- Motivation letter
- Detailed CV
- Copy of valid passport
- Copy of a driving license
- Copy of the secondary school diploma.
The deadline for receiving Cvs is: 06/03/2019.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.