What we offer
Traineeships are available to work in Delegation in different areas (Political, press and information, trade, cooperation, administration). The Delegation provides an economic grant for the trainees.
The main tasks will be to
- Conduct research and draft reports on topics covered by the section
- Support the activities of the section and public diplomacy activities of the Delegation.
- Prepare and participate in meetings, including note-taking.
- Research and analysis of specific topic as needed by the section.
- Provide ad hoc support for all activities of the Delegation.
- Provide support to project management under close supervision of project managers.
Are you eligible for a traineeship with economic grant?
You may apply for the traineeship if:
- You are a young graduate with a European University diploma (at least Bachelor's degree)
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience
- You are a national of an EU Member State, pre-accession State
- You have no previous professional experience of more than 6 weeks in any of the EU institutions
What are the general rules?
- Duration: the traineeship can be up to a maximum of five months
- Monthly grant: selected trainees will receive a monthly grant of 820 €
- Visa: trainees are responsible for obtaining and covering the cost of necessary visa
- Travel: trainees have to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation in Mexico
- Accommodation: the trainee will have to cover their accommodation cost
- Medical Insurance to be provided by the trainee (repatriation included)
How to apply?
To the following mail: DELEGATION-MEXICO-INTERNSHIP@eeas.europa.eu
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter describing why you wish to participate in an internship with the EU and in which area would you prefer to wor
Traineeship periods and the corresponding deadlines for applications:
- Traineeship from October to February
Application period: 1st June to 31st July
If selected for a traineeship with economic grant, trainees will need to provide the following Documents:
- Language certificates
- Extract from the "judicial record"
- Passport/ID card
- Medical Insurance repatriation included)
- Medical certificate to prove fit to work in Mexico City
- Will be requested to sign a traineeship agreement
You are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications received is over, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. In case the selected candidate is not able to present all required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.