The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in her tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in her capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to her responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
Within the Directorate for Security, Infrastructure, Budget and Information technology, which belongs to the Directorate General for Budget and Administration (DG BA), the mission of the Infrastructure and safety Division (IBS.4) is three folds:
- Responsible for the definition, support and monitoring of the real estate policy of the EEAS Delegations in 140 different countries;
- Responsible for the management of the facilities and infrastructures of the EEAS HQ which consists of 4 different buildings;
- Responsible for Protocol, Meetings and Conferences.
The position of Contracts Assistant in the Budget and Finances Sector.
The candidate will work within a team of 8 people whose main tasks are to:
- Monitor and provide support to EEAS services and EU delegations for supplies and services contracts;
- Contribute to the publication of tender, the evaluation and selection, the drafting of contracts, the purchase order, the follow-up of the deliveries, the control and execution of the financial transactions;
- Manage the budget related to those direct and framework contracts for HQ and EU delegation;
- Assist in the managing the results of service contracts;
- Be also back-up for other financial transactions of the Division.
The candidate should:
- have a good knowledge of the Financial Regulation n° 2015/1929 of 30 October 2015 as well as the Directive 2014/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the award of public contracts;
- be proactive, highly motivated and have good organizational skills;
- have good inter-personal skills and be client-oriented;
- be a good team-player and have a sharp sense of discretion and tact;
- have good oral and written communication skills;
- be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines when necessary;
- have a good knowledge of English and French.
- a previous experience in a EU institution;
- an academic training oriented in the areas of management, administration, finances, accounting or equivalent practical experience;
- good knowledge of standard administrative procedures as well as knowledge of IT tools used in EU institutions (Abac, ARES, etc,);
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
will be considered as strong assets.
In order to be eligible for the post of contract agent FG III candidates must:
Please note that under current General Implementing Provisions contract agents may be recruited via the call of expression of interest- AMI. However, after the entry into force of the new General Implementing Provisions (1 March 2018 tbc) all candidates will have to be registered in the EPSO PERMANENT CAST and will have to successfully pass the tests in order to be eligible for recruitment.
- meet the minimum qualifications for engagement as contract agent FG III:
- (i) Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma; or
- (ii) a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years; or
- (iii) in exceptional circumstances and where justified in the interest of the service, professional training or professional experience of an equivalent level (related to the nature of the tasks and qualifications indicated in the Job Description).
- Have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties.
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
Application and selection procedure:
Candidates should send their applications (CV and motivation letter - in English or French) to Mr Gaëtan De Smet (email@example.com).
The closing date for the submission of applications is 1 February 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The preselected candidates will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment.
Post available: mid-February 2018 in EEAS HQ (Brussels)