Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of Serbia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Information, Communication and Press (ICP) Section of the EU Delegation to Serbia, starting in November 2021.
The ICP is responsible for Communication, Information and Media sectors, visibility events, media reporting. It supports and monitors work of three Info centres in Serbia: in Belgrade, Novi Sad and Niš.
- Contributing to the work of the Information, Communication and Media Section
- at the EU Delegation to Serbia and cooperation with the EU Information Centres in Belgrade, Niš and Novi Sad;
- Contributing to organising events, and other communication activities, including preparing briefings, speeches and Press Releases and background documents
- Analysing impact of conducted communication and media activities and preparing reports on them for dispatch to EU headquarters in Brussels;
- Contributing to reports on media freedom;
- Liaising with EU-funded projects and assist in planning events and other communication activties;
- Contribute to the social media networks of the EU Delegation;
- Media monitoring
- Filling in for any other ad hoc and urgent requests for the section;
- The trainee may also be requested to contribute to the work of other sections of the EU Delegation
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Serbia will only be considered
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably in political science, journalism, marketing, EU affairs or law;
- Sound drafting and communication skills; experience in communication and media would be an advantage
- Fluency in English and Serbian language, both written and spoken; competencies in other EU languages would be assets
- Ability and willingness to work in an international environment;
- Ability to deliver good quality work output in tight deadlines; availability to work with flexible timeframe, adapted to the environment of media and communication;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages, as well as experience in social media;
- Initiative, flexibility, good organisational skills and a team player is an advantage
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SERBIA-ADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Information, Communication and Press (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.