Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Dominican Republic]?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the Dominican Republic, starting in May 2020.
The Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation of the European Union to the Dominican Republic has, among others, the following functions:
- Defend and disseminate the position of the European Union in diverse areas.
- Inform the relevant sectors of society about the activities and policies of the European Union and its institutions.
- Conduct research on Dominican legislation, statistics and relevant policies to be used in reports and documents of the Delegation of the European Union.
- Monitor the daily press to gather relevant information for the European Union.
- Contribute to communication activities through the different social media platforms of the Delegation of the European Union.
- Assist in the compilation of European policies, legislation and information relevant to the Dominican Republic for later diffusion.
- Contribute in the organization of visibility events of the Delegation.
- Participate and provide support in the preparation of reports and summaries of meetings and events.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Candidates must express themselves fluently in English and Spanish. Proficiency in French will be positively valued.
- Experience in managing social networks and organizing academic and cultural events will be valued.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.