Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Geneva at the United Nations and other international organisations?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6months within the Health and Social Affairs Section of the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva, starting in 2 March 2020.
- Assist the Head of Section and section-colleagues in covering EU-activities in ILO and WHO.
- Attend meetings and events organised at the United Nations, EU Delegation, EU Member States, UN Agencies, NGOs, academia or think-tanks.
- Prepare background notes, analytical reports, summary of documents of relevant UN and EU meetings, events, seminars etc.
- Assist in the relevant (High Level and regular) meetings of WHO and ILO and overall communication with EUMS, including through WhatsApp, email and Agora.
- Support the team in drafting reports, organising meetings, researching and analysing specific policy topics, analysing policy.
- Any other task assigned by the HoS and/or team colleagues.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the EU and UN systems.
- Tact, discretion, excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Health and Social Affairs
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.