Making Europe the first climate neutral continent in the world is our goal. On July 14, the European Commission adopted a broad set of proposals to make the EU’s climate, energy, transport, and taxation policies fit for reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels.
These proposals aim to make all sectors of the EU’s economy fit to meet this challenge. They set the EU on a path to reach its climate targets by 2030 in a fair, cost effective and competitive way.
- Revision of the EU Emission Trading System, including revision of the EU ETS Directive concerning aviation, maritime and CORSIA
- Revision of the Regulation on the inclusion of greenhouse gas emissions and removals from land use, land use change and forestry (LULUCF)
- Effort Sharing Regulation
- Amendment to the Renewable Energy Directive to implement the ambition of the new 2030 climate target
- Amendment of the Energy Efficiency Directive to implement the ambition of the new 2030 climate target
- ReFuelEU Aviation – sustainable aviation fuels –
- FuelEU Maritime – green European maritime space
- Revision of the Directive on deployment of the alternative fuels infrastructure
- Amendment of the Regulation setting CO2 emission standards for cars and vans
- Carbon border adjustment mechanism
- Revision of the Energy Tax Directive
- Climate Action Social Facility