Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Fiji?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation for the Pacific starting in June 2019.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Section, participate and contribute to the preparation and implementation of public diplomacy activities of the EU Delegation.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Section, assist in the Section's research and reporting on domestic and foreign policies of the Pacific Island states.
- Assist in drafting media releases.
- Contribute articles for daily Pacific News Flash (PFN).
- Assist in identifying and development of social media content for the Delegation's social media pages.
- Assist in capturing, organising and disseminating audio and visual materials of EU events.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement procedures (supplies and services) under the direct supervision of the Press and Information Officer.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: Delegation-Fiji-HoA@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political, Press & Information Section – June 2019
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.