Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values at the Delegation to the United Nations in New York?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the following sections of the EU Delegation to the United Nations in New York, starting in September 2020.
Description of the sections:
- Section 1 – Political: dealing with UN political issues and mainly the subjects which are discussed at the UN Security Council
- Section 2 - Press, Information & Coordination: dealing with coordination of the activities of the Delegation, public diplomacy, communication regarding the activities of the Delegation. Main topic of the year will be the 75th anniversary of the UN
- Section 3 - Economic, trade and development: dealing with those subjects, discussed within the 2nd Committee of the UN General assembly
- Section 4 - Human rights: dealing with this subject, discussed within the 3rd Committee of the UN General assembly
- Section 5 - UN budget and reform: dealing with those subjects, discussed within the 5th Committee of the UN General assembly
- Section 6 – Legal: dealing with this subject, discussed within the 6th Committee of the UN General assembly
- Section 7 - Humanitarian Aid: dealing with this subject, discussed mainly within the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly
- Attending meetings organized at the United Nations, EU Delegation, EU Member States, UN Agencies, NGOs or think-tanks
- Supporting the team in drafting reports, organizing meetings, researching and analysing specific policy topics, analysing policy
- Attending external events
- Any other task which may be beneficiary to the trainee
with the aim to better understand the dynamics of the EU Delegation in the UN policy context, to raise awareness of the main policy and legal challenges in the UN context and to gain first-hand insight into decision making and negotiations processes.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Notions of French will be an asset
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Name of the selected section(candidates are allowed to apply to 1 traineeship only, however based on your profile, the Delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.