The EU Delegation to Yemen is one of over 140 European Union Delegations around the world. Since September 2017 it has been relocated to Amman, Jordan.
The EU seeks to develop a closer relationship with Yemen in order to enhance political dialogue, trade and economic cooperation, development cooperation, respond to humanitarian needs and to encourage the reform and state building processes.
The Delegation's mandate includes the following:
- To ensure the representation of the European Union in the Republic of Yemen
- To promote political and economic relations between Yemen and the European Union by maintaining extensive relations with Governmental institutions and non-State actors and by increasing awareness of the EU, its institutions and its programmes
- To inform the public of developments shaping the EU and to explain individual EU policies
- To participate in the implementation of the European Union's assistance programmes
- Contributes to coordination with Member State Embassies, particularly in the fields of political relations, security, trade and external assistance
More information on EU engagement in Yemen here