The Delegation of the European Union to the International Organisations in Vienna is responsible for the representation of the European Union at the United Nations Organisations, at the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe and at other International Organisations in Vienna.
The Delegation covers the following main tasks:
- Represent the EU and participate in matters of specific EU interest at the United Nations organisations, related bodies or specialised agencies established in Vienna, in particular UNODC, IAEA, UNIDO, CTBTO, and other international organisations and arrangements;
- Represent the EU at the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) and participate in matters of specific EU interest;
- As part of the European External Action Service, assist the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, who is also the Vice - President of the Commission, in fulfilling her mandate to conduct the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU and to ensure the consistency of the EU’s external action;
- Coordinate EU positions and cooperate with EU Member States to promote EU policies in the international organisations in Vienna;
- Enhance the visibility and understanding of the EU, its role and policies through contacts and information activities in the international organisations in Vienna;
- Represent the EU in political dialogue meetings with International Organisations, with other countries, and in major conferences and meetings related to the activities of the organisations in Vienna;
- Safeguard the values, fundamental interests, principles and objectives of the EU, in particular democracy, rule of law, human rights and fundamental freedoms, respect of human dignity, the principles of equality and solidarity and respect of the UN Charter and international law.
Monitor and preserve the smooth operation of the Procurement Working Group (PWG) in line with the JCPOA and the UN Security Council resolution 2231 (2015).