Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the United Arab Emirates ?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months for within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the United Arab Emirates, starting on 1st July 2019.
- Assist the Head of Section and other colleagues with diplomatic and consular affairs (coordination, update of contact list, supporting documents, etc.).
- Assist the Section in monitoring developments in the political field, including the preparation of written reports, notetaking during meetings and the preparation of minutes.
- Assist the Section in the preparation of high level visits, including inputs to briefings and agenda setting.
- Monitoring of the press and social media under the supervision of the Press and Information Officer; assisting in organizing interviews of Ambassador/media coverage of VIP guests etc.
- Contributing to the preparation and organisation of visibility and communication of EU events; assisting in the promotion of such events (producing advertisements, press releases, designing and distributing of promotional materials)
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Studies in International Relations, Law, Political Sciences or in any other relevant field
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political, Press and Information Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.