- Assist the section with diplomatic and consular affairs (coordination, updating contact list, supporting documents, etc.).
- Assist the section in monitoring developments in the political field, including the preparation of written reports, notetaking during meetings and the preparation of minutes.
- Assist the section in the preparation of high level visits, including inputs to briefings and agenda setting.
- Monitoring of the press and social media under the supervision of the Press and Information Officer; assisting in organizing interviews of Ambassador/media coverage of VIP guests etc.
- Contributing to the preparation and organisation of visibility and communication of EU events; assisting in the promotion of such events (producing advertisements, press releases, designing and distributing of promotional materials)
You may apply for the traineeship if:
- You are a young graduate with a University Degree (at least Bachelor degree in Public Diplomacy, Media, Applied Foreign Languages, PR-Communication, International Relations, Law)
- You are Fluent in English
- You are a national of an EU Member State or a pre-accession State
- You have no previous professional experience in any of the EU institutions for more than 6 weeks
Additional Requirements that would be an asset:
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
Duration: six months
Remuneration: selected trainees will receive a monthly grant of €1200
Travel: the trainee would arrange and finance his/her travel to the EU Delegation
Accommodation: the trainee will have to cover his/her accommodation costs
Please send your detailed curriculum vitae and a motivational letter by 14th November 2018 to the following email address: DELEGATION-UNITED-ARAB-EMIRATES-HOA@eeas.europa.eu
Documents to be provided by the selected candidates
- University Degree
- Language certificates
- Extract from the "judicial record"
- Passport/ID card
- Insurance certificate (repatriation included)
- Medical certificate
- Signed traineeship agreement
You are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications received is over, only shortlisted candidates will be ccontacted and invited for an interview. In case the selected candidate is not able to present all the required ddocuments, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
For more information please refer to: