The European Union Delegation to the United Nations New York is looking for an Office Support Agent (Receptionist)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and its work with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic missions, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
As an UN observer with enhanced status, the EU delegation coordinates with its 27 Member States to speak with one voice. The EU also works closely with the UN secretariat and its agencies, funds & programmes, partnering on a range of global issues and challenges.
We offer the post of Office Support Agent. Under this post, the recruited person will serve as support staff in the Administrative Section of the Delegation, and will ensure the proper functioning of the section. Duties include: greeting visitors by phone and in person, arranging hotels and building passes for visitors, coordinating and preparing meeting rooms, including catering and delivery arrangements for receptions and lunches, coordinating drivers' schedules, coordinating and ordering office supplies for the Delegation, receiving and dispatching mail, deliveries and correspondence, management of the Delegation’s traineeship programme. To ensure the proper functioning of the Delegation, this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
The Delegation is located at 666 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017. Yearly salary ranges between $45,000 and $65,000 based on relevant employment experience.
We offer a collegial atmosphere in an international environment. Benefits including a retirement savings plan, medical, and dental insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions. Working hours are 37.5 per week.
We look for
1. At least 3 years of relevant experience;
2. Thorough knowledge of English, both written and oral;
3. Must be professional, discreet and able to safeguard confidential matters discussed by others during performance of duties;
4. Excellent organisational skills and flexibility with regard to working hours;
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Ability to work autonomously, calmly under pressure and use own judgment and initiative;
7. Excellent knowledge of IT tools (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
8. Ability to deal with a varied range of people and working in a multicultural office, as part of an international team;
9. Existing US work authorisation that does not require EU sponsorship.
The following will be considered an asset:
1. University diploma or equivalent (high school diploma is required);
2. Experience working in an EU Delegation and/or UN or any other international institution,
3. General knowledge of the EU and of operation of an EU Delegation and/or UN;
4. Knowledge of French and any other EU language.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume via the Indeed website (Reference EUNYC02/2020). Create your resume online via the free EUROPASS cv link (https://europa.eu/europass/en). Only a complete application and a Europass CV received through Indeed.com will be considered.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to Delegation-New-York-Jobs@eeas.europa.eu
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a shortlist of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which will include an interview – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been shortlisted will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is Friday 23 October at 12:00 noon (EST).