TERMS OF REFERENCE
The European Union Delegation to Zimbabwe shall host its annual Europe Day reception on 8 May 2020. The event will start at 12.00 midday and end at 4.00 pm.
Europe Day, also referred to as "Schuman Day", is an annual celebration of peace and unity in Europe. In Zimbabwe, this brings together VIPS from Government and State Institutions, members of Business and Civil Society, as well as members from various Embassies and Diplomatic Missions.
For the purpose of this document, Europe Day Celebrations or Schuman Day, shall also be referred to "the Event".
2. Main criteria
1. Nature and activities of the Sponsor should be in line with the principles, values and commitments of the European Union.
2. Nature and activities of the Sponsor should not undermine EU policies in such areas as foreign policy, social, health and environment.
3. The Sponsor could be public or private organisations and companies.
4. Sponsors cannot entail a possible conflict with the mission and objectives of the European Union.
5. The Sponsor must not be in a situation referred to in Articles 136 (1) and 141 (1) of the Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2018/1046 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 July 2018 on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union, amending Regulations (EU) No 1296/2013, (EU) No 1301/2013, (EU) No 1303/2013, (EU) No 1304/2013, (EU) No 1309/2013, (EU) No 1316/2013, (EU) No 223/2014, (EU) No 283/2014, and Decision No 541/2014/EU and repealing Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012. For this, the Sponsor is requested to provide the attached declaration on honour on exclusion and selection criteria.
3. What can sponsors expect from the European Union Delegation
1. By signing the Corporate Sponsoring Agreement the parties agree on the terms and conditions for the corporate sponsoring.
2. The sponsors will be provided with exposure and visibility in the following ways:
a. Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be mentioned on the venue of the reception
b. Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be imprinted on invitation cards.
c. Sponsors can expect the Head of Delegation to acknowledge their contribution in his speech.
d. Sponsors will be provided with a stand in the venue of the event and may distribute to participants promotional material of their activities.
e. The sponsors will have up to 3 invitations to offer to their staff within their companies or organizations, after prior notification of the contacts' names to the European Union Delegation for the purpose of the normal security and entry procedures.
f. Sponsors will not be allowed to active marketing of their product/services nor be authorized to have sales personnel present for promotional activities during the event.
4. Commitments of the sponsor
Those who are selected as sponsors will be invited to contribute to the event in form of services or supply of goods.
Only contributions in-kind will be accepted.
Financial contributions are prohibited by the Financial Rules of the European Institutions.
Contributions could include any of the following categories :
Sponsors may suggest other form of sponsorship in-kind.
Sponsors must declare the value in USD (United States Dollar) of the in-kind provided goods and/or services.
Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS registers all sponsorships above 1.000 EUR (USD equivalent) and registers and publishes all sponsorships above a 5.000 EUR (USD equivalent) on the Delegations web-sites and official website of the EEAS.
Conversion rates to be used as per Inforeuro at http://ec.europa.eu/budg/inforeuro/index#!/convertor.
Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. In case personal data needs to be transmitted to any sponsors, as recipient, the organisation is required to ensure the same level of data protection guaranteed by the EU data protection framework, and in particular Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Sponsors will not have a say on the substance of the event.
1. The European Union Delegation to Zimbabwe will review the applications and will determine the organizations/companies that best align with the core objective of the event to be sponsored. Selection criteria include the sponsorship appeal in terms of goods or services provided and coherence between the sponsored Europe Day event and promotion of the sponsor.
2. The European Union Delegation to Zimbabwe. reserves the right not to accept proposals which, because of the nature of the sponsorship or of the sponsor's activities, are deemed incompatible with the institutional role of the European Union. The European Union Delegation to Zimbabwe also reserves the right to refuse any sponsorship not deemed consistent with the purpose of the event.
Interested companies and organisations should express their interest for any of the categories below by 31 March 2020 at 1630hrs.
Proposals shall be sent by hand to :
The Head of Administration
The Delegation of the European Union
1 Norfolk Road, Mount Pleasant
Any queries shall be directed to The Head of Administration at email :