For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is seeking to recruit ONE National Staff to be based in Ankara for the following position.
- University degree from a recognized university preferably in International Relation, or alternatively in Political Science, Economics & Development Studies, Social sciences
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the Humanitarian sector at national or international level in supporting programme/project, including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO, donor or national/international organisation in the field of humanitarian and development action supporting operations e.g. in the field of project implementation/ management, coordination, monitoring, and/or evaluation;
- Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system;
- Good knowledge of International NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement;
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and Standards ;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- An excellent knowledge of English (verbal & writing).
- An excellent knowledge of Turkish
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- The job holder carries out activities to contribute to the delivery of an effective humanitarian response. The job holder contributes to assessments, monitoring and evaluations of projects, as well as to the analysis of the humanitarian context in the area of coverage.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Turkish national or hold a valid residence and work permit or other proof that he/she is eligible to live and work in Turkey;
- Completion of mandatory military service is required for Turkish male applicants;
- Capable of working under pressure in a multi-tasking position.
Applications MUST comprise of:
- A cover letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- A completed CV in English in the EU standard format only (EUROPASS CV);
- A copy of education certificate/degree;
- A copy of relevant employment certificates.
Applications must be submitted VIA the following website (UNDER THE NAME OF echo) :
The applications must arrive no later than 27th July 2018 at 00h00 local time Ankara. The CV and cover letter must be saved reporting clearly the reference of the position. (Example : CV_ ref. ESB-PA-2018-24_NAME and Cover Letter _ ref. ESB-PA-2018-24_NAME). Only CV in English will be accepted.
The EUROPASS application and detailed Terms of Reference are available on the EU Delegation’s website as of 6th July 2018 http://avrupa.info.tr/eu-delegation/vacancies/echo.html.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification.