An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
We currently have an open call for the following paid internship at the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva*:
Application deadline: 20 January 2019
Section: Health and Labour
Period: 18 February 2019 – 28 June 2019
General description of the tasks and duties of the intern: The trainee will be assigned a supervisor in the section he/she is interning. Interns are fully integrated in the daily work of the section, providing the intern with the possibility of getting a good overview of the diplomatic work of the Delegation and in particular in the policy field covered by the section.
• Assisting in regular EU coordination meetings: preparation, circulation of information to participants, drafting of reports for headquarters.
• Reporting on WHO and ILO briefings: attending and preparing reports of meetings; participation in and organisation of preparatory meetings with key officials, preparation of reports of formal meetings.
• Assisting in the preparation of coordinated EU positions for intergovernmental negotiations and conferences on health and social related issues, particularly for the World Health Assembly and the International Labour Conference.
• Conducting desk based research and analysis to assist in preparing for multilateral negotiations.
You may apply for the traineeship if
• You are a young graduate with a MA university degree
• You have less than 1 year of professional experience
• You are a national of an EU Member State, pre-accession State or from Switzerland
• You have no previous professional experience in any of the EU institutions of more than 6 weeks
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
Excellent drafting skills in English, knowledge of French would be a strong advantage; knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations, and in particular WHO and ILO would also be advantages.
Remuneration: The selected trainees will receive a monthly grant of EUR 1200
Travel and accommodation: The trainee has to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation and take care of his/her local accommodation.
You are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for a telephone interview. Interviews will take place in late January.
How to apply?
Please fill in the following document:
Documents to be provided only by the candidate selected for the internship:
- Language certificates
- Extract from the "judicial record"
- Passport/ID card
- Insurance certificate (repatriation included)
- Medical certificate
- Signed traineeship agreement
In case the selected candidate is not able to present all required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
*subject to budgetary availability