Administrative Assistant to Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) in the ongoing EU funded Twinning Project "Strengthening institutional capacities of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine to conduct market studies and effectively enforce competition law in accordance with EU standards" between Germany (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, BMWi) and Lithuania (Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania, CCRL) to benefit the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU). The German RTA supervises the project implementation and coordinates all project activities. He is located in an office at the premises of the AMCU in Kyiv. Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, which is supporting the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy in project and financial management, will be the contracting institution to the RTA Administrative Assistant.
The purpose of the Twinning Project is to assist the AMCU in further approximating the national competition legislation and competition enforcement with EU standards in compliance with the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and to strengthen the institutional capacity of the AMCU.
Area of responsibilities:
Under the guidance of RTA and in cooperation with the responsible counterpart at the AMCU, the RTA Administrative Assistant will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- General support to the RTA in terms of administrative assistance, office management, correspondence, record keeping and filing, bookkeeping and accounting;
- Interpretation during conferences, workshops, meeting and seminars or other oral conversations (assistant might be supported by professional interpretation for special tasks) from Ukrainian/ Russian to English and vice versa;
- Translate project documents (legal documents, regulations, training material, information material, reports and other written material) from Ukrainian/ Russian to English and vice versa;
- Draft written materials in relation to the project in Ukrainian/ Russian/ German/ English languages;
- Assist the RTA and the Short Term Experts involved in the project related to language problems;
- Assist the RTA in identifying, contracting and monitoring commercial translation and interpretation services
- Support the RTA in organisational, logistical and technical matters, especially with organising conferences, training sessions, workshops, meetings, expert missions and study visits of experts;
- Develop and maintain close working contacts and relations with Ukrainian officials involved in the Twinning Project, the Project Leaders from German, Lithuanian and Ukrainian side, the short-term experts and involved organisations in Ukraine and the GIZ project and financial management;
- Help arrange contacts or meetings, attend meetings and draft and disseminate minutes;
- Assist the RTA in monitoring and reporting tasks;
- Support the STEs in organisational and technical matters, including assistance to solve travel, accommodation and any related problems;
- Stand in for the RTA Language Assistant;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Requirements to candidates:
- Preferably University degree in Translation and Interpreting in English/ German;
- At least 3 years of work experience in translation or interpretation activities; experience with simultaneous interpretation would be an asset;
- Professional fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, English both oral and written; knowledge of German would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to familiarise quickly with competition terminology in Ukrainian/ Russian/ English languages;
- Preferably knowledge of EU structures and terminology;
- Excelent knowledge of office applications (e.g. MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point) and internet browsers;
- Previous work experience in international projects or organisations would be an advantage;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations and to work in a team;
- Organisational and analytical skills and initiative;
- Excelent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility to travel within Ukraine and Europe
- The applicant may not be (or have been in the past 6 months) a civil servant or agent of the beneficiary administration nor be on leave from the beneficiary administration to take up the position.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week.
Duration of the contract: 14 months
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
We are looking forward to your application by e-mail to HRfirstname.lastname@example.org comprising your CV and a cover letter until December 18th, 2017