An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
The EU has launched a programme under its EU4Youth Initiative, awarding grants to organisations proposing actions addressing youth employment and employability, skills development and active participation of young people in their societies in the Eastern Partnership countries.
First outlines of proposals (concept notes) may be submitted by 11/07/2017 under: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1495710772243&do=publi.detPUB&searchtype=AS&zgeo=2494139&aoet=36538&debpub&orderby=upd&orderbyad=Desc&nbPubliList=15&page=1&aoref=155852
New EU4Youth programme:
1. EU4Y Capacity building – DG EAC / EACEA implemented
a. Civil Society Fellowships for Youth
b. Partnerships for Entrepreneurship
2. EU4Y Grant scheme – DG NEAR implemented
a. Grant scheme for policy development with a focus on youth entrepreneurship and disadvantaged youth
3. EU4Y Coordination – DG NEAR
- Increase the employability and participation of young people in society and economy.
- Support them in becoming active citizens and entrepreneurs and developing skills.
- Enable youth organisations to engage in cross-sectorial youth policies and cooperate with public and private bodies and institutions.
- Bring together relevant authorities with other key stakeholders, like businesses, social partners. - Attention to disadvantaged youth and women.
Component 1: EU4Y Capacity building
Implemented by EACEA under Erasmus+ - Key Action 2 - Capacity Building in the Field of Youth.
1a Civil Society Fellowships for Youth:
- Capacity building projects supporting youth and youth organisations to become active participants in democratic, social and economic life.
- Selected young leaders (the Fellows) will take part in mobility activities and work in the EU.
1b Partnerships for Entrepreneurship:
- Capacity building projects promoting entrepreneurship education and social entrepreneurship among young people.
- These transnational projects will be based on multilateral partnerships between organisations.
- Involvement of the private sector and educational institutions will be important.
Component 2: EU4Y Grant Scheme
implemented by DG NEAR
- Capacity building projects addressing educational and training opportunities for youth.
- Special attention to vulnerable and disadvantaged young people - dedicated activities, access to finance, employability, access to labor markets.
- Support creative young people in maturing their entrepreneurial ideas.
- Support actions with significant potential for systemic impact.
- Support leaders in the education field who offer quality education to all young people.
- Focus on economic sectors with higher appeal on youth – i.e. innovation & IT, creative industries, green economy, and social entrepreneurship.
- Involvement of private sector is key.
Component 3: EU4Y Coordination
- Expert implementation support to DG NEAR.
Components 1: EU4Y - funding and modalities
2016: EACEA share = 3.450.000 EUR for Grants
2017: EACEA share = 5.550.000 EUR for Grants
60% to Civil Society Fellowships for Youth
40% to Partnership for Entrepreneurship
Duration of projects: 9 – 24 months
Grants size: max 150.000
Components 2 & 3: EU4Y - funding and modalities
2016: NEAR share = 4.500.000 EUR for Grants
= 2.500.000 EUR for Technical Support
2017: NEAR share = 4.000.000 EUR for Grants
Duration of projects: to be determined.
Grants size: to be determined
Public targeted: Youth organisations, youth workers, young people and young leaders
Project promoters: Organisations established in an Eastern Partnership Country (any public or private organisation active in the education, training and youth fields or the labour market)
Partners: Civil society organisations, public bodies, private companies (business)
- EACEA: Call published 10/2016, deadline for CN 08/03/2016, pre-selection ongoing
-NEAR: Call published 05/2017, deadline for CN 11/07/2017, https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChc...