-- Interim administrative assistant --
JOB ID: Interim Temporary Worker
Country, city: The Gambia, Banjul (Fajara)
Duration of position: 2 months 01/11 – 31/12 (2021)
Type / level: FG 3 step 1 equivalence
Reporting to the Political officer, and ultimately to the Head of Delegation, the successful candidate will assist the Delegation in fulfilling the administrative tasks within its remit, with a focus on those tasks related to the 2021 Presidential elections.
In particular, he/she will have the following tasks:
- To contribute to the work of the Delegation in the management of the administrative and supporting tasks related to the 2021 Presidential elections;
- To set up and maintain distribution lists and contact databases;
- To manage administrative tasks in relation to the EU EOM (Locally recruited) Short-term Observers;
- To arrange for meeting and organise the programmes of visits for the Chief Observer, Core Team and members of the EU Election Observation Mission;
- To assist with and arrange for the programmes of an eventual EP Delegation;
- To establish and maintain contacts with stakeholders, including civil society organisations, political party leaders, media, international organisations and project partners;
- To liaise with EU EOM Core Team, DCO and Service Provider (SP) as necessary on administrative matters;
- To draft briefings, biographies and communication materials as necessary;
- To attend and report back from elections-related events and meetings;
- To coordinate with the relevant Delegation colleagues to liaise and share information;
- To serve as assistant to EUD Sitroom during Election Day.
Eligibility and specific criteria
- Proven spoken and written capacity to work in English;
- Excellent ability to maintain contacts and to ensure communications in a complex, high-pressure environment;
- Strong analytical, drafting and communication skills ;
- A pleasant disposition, and a flexible and can do-attitude;
- Conscientious, with eye for detail;
- Experience working with excel and other administrative IT-tools;
- In possession of sound judgement, integrity and political neutrality;
- Previous experience working with EU EOM/EFM/ExM would be a strong asset.
The successful candidate will be required to take up their duties as soon as possible after 23 October 2021. The duration of the position is 2 calendar months. Employment ends on 23 December 2021.
Remuneration and benefits
28.545 GMD per month
Conditions of employment
The interim (temporary) worker is employed exclusively on the basis of local law only, including for the purposes of social security and tax. Interim workers is excluded from the legal scope of Joint Decisions C(2019)5684 on LA-Medical (ref. Art. 1.2) and Joint Decision C(2019)5685 on LA-Provident Fund (ref. Art 1.2).
Application and selection procedure
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter;
- Interview via virtual means or in person
Applications are to be submitted by e-mail, and addressed to
Aleix Resa Lopez
Head of Administration
Deadline for applications
30 October 2021