The transit visas, transit and short-term - commonly referred to as "Schengen Visas" - may be valid for one or more States Parties to the Convention Implementing the Schengen Agreement of 14 June 1985 signed in Schengen on 19 June 1990. (States Parties: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden).
- Allows access to the international zone of an airport or seaport;
- Allows entry to cross the territory of the Schengen partners bound to a third country which has guaranteed admission.
- It is valid up to 5 days and may be granted for one, two or exceptionally several entries;
Short term visa
- Allows you to enter the territory of the Schengen countries for that, approved by the competent authorities do not justify the grant of another type of visa.
- Valid for entries (uninterrupted or stages) up to three months within six months after the first entry. Pode ser concedido para uma, duas ou excepcionalmente várias entradas; May be granted for one, two or exceptionally several entries.
Documents needed for processing of any visa application without prejudice to the documents required for each type of visa:
- Form duly completed and signed by the applicant
- Two passport photographs, in color with a smooth
- Valid travel document
- Documentary evidence of the purpose of the trip
- Proof of housing conditions
- Proof of means of subsistence or presentation of guarantee in respect of the Portuguese citizen or resident alien in the country to ensure food and accommodation of the person during the stay, issued in printed form and authenticated by the Office for Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF)
- Certificate of criminal record - requested stay exceeding 90 days
- Medical certificate - requested stay exceeding 90 days
- Health insurance - In full compliance with the European Union - Council of 22:12:03 - is required of any alien subject to a short stay visa health insurance, individually or collectively, to cover any expenses which might arise with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and / or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance shall be endorsed in the State of residence, unable to be made as may be subscribed by the person inviting the applicant in its own place of residence shall be valid for all Schengen States, with a minimum coverage of EUR 30 000 . Health insurance is also required to document the investigation of claims of long-stay visa when the stay is more than 90 days. But also for these visas, it provides that insurance be taken out after entry into the country since that proves the impossibility of obtaining in the country of origin.
- Under 18 years: permission to travel to the custodial responsibility.
Documents specific to the different type of visa:
Transit visas and transit
- Copy of travel ticket
- Valid visa to the country of final destination
- Travel medical insurance
Short term visa
- Booking travel
- A document attesting to the purpose of the journey
- Means of subsistence for the period of stay
- In case of family visit: proof of family ties and quality of national citizen or legal resident of the family
- Travel medical insurance
- Statement by the applicant for the purpose of stay
- Proof of means of subsistence
- Registration demonstrating progress or proof issued by the entity in charge of the stage
- Proof of income is available in the national territory or scholarship
- Type I and II: the promise of employment contract signed by both parties
- Type III contract to provide services and stating that he is qualified to practice referred to the provision of services
- Type IV: employment contract preceded communication by the employer, the IEFP, the existence of the job offer and assent of the General Labor Inspectorate (IGT)
- Proof of medical treatment (inpatient or outpatient) - Proof of family relationship claimed in the case of monitoring
- The relevant consular authority may at any stage, require the presence of visa applicant in order to gather information, knowledge of which is convenient for the investigation and decision on the request. The presentation of documents is always followed by an interview with the applicant visa.