Job Title: Secretary
Job location : EU Delegation Bangkok
Area of Activity: Finance, contracts and audit Section
Category : DAL III
Situation : vacant
Will be a resource person to the Finance, contracts and audit (FCA) Section at the Delegation. Will perform in an effective timely manner the clerical tasks which he/she is requested to take care of in order to support their line managers, and contribute to the efficient functioning of the FCA Section as required.
Functions and Duties:
- To encode the invoices received from the projects implemented by the Delegation.
- To act as a focal point for the documents sent from Delegations in Laos, China, India, Malaysia and Mongolia.
- To be charge of all administrative work of the FCA Section
- To provide effective secretarial support to the line managers and other staff in the FCA Section as mainly with the HoS, Deputy HoS and finance officers.
- To keep track record of the incoming and outgoing correspondence of the FCA Section in ARES.
- To take minutes of section meetings.
- To write official letters and other correspondence as necessary.
- To prepare missions to FCA staff, including mission order and mission reimbursement in MiPs system.
- To coordinate appointments and diary of FCA staff, liasing as necessary with colleagues and contacts, including logistics.
- To coordinate and support the Training Coordinator for corporation of the Delegation for organizing the Regional trainings / seminars in Bangkok.
- To undertake other assignments that may be reasonably requested in view of the efficient functioning of the FCA Section or the Delegation.
- To be aware of relevant financial and contract procedures.
Education and training
He/she must hold a degree or equivalent in any field of secretarial qualifications.
Should have 5 years of executive secretarial/office experience in an international organisation or similar. He/she must hold a degree in secretarial work. Some previous experience in accounting or contracts preparation environment is an asset. Needs to have a working experience in or with Southeast Asia.
Specialist knowledge (know what)
As indicated on the “Basic Information” sheet
Technical knowledge (know how)
- Computer literate (and knowledge of commonly used programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Capable of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines.
- Capable and having experience in drafting official correspondence with a certain degree of autonomy
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent Thai
- Working knowledge in French (read and spoken) is considered an asset
- Excellent communications skills with external and internal contacts
- Able to work as a team member with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment (knowledge of European Commission is an asset)
- Ability to understand and contribute to effective and efficient administration and procedures of the Finance, contracts and audit Team
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organize work to deliver on time.
- Ability to negotiate at all levels in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to response quickly to new demands
- An interest in promoting cooperation between Europe and South East Asia
Interested candidates should send their CVs (using the provided template below) and a short motivation letter (max. 1 page) to the following mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 14 July 2019 at 16:00 hrs. (local time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.