Bring your family and friends and join us in the Embassy garden on Saturday for a fun and informative cup of coffee. Treats provided by IKEA.
Our café will buzz with conversation with ...
- Mellisa Hamilton, Sustainability Manager at IKEA Australia will tell us about the work they do around sustainability and food.
- Julie Armstrong from ACT for Bees will talk about pollinators in Canberra.
Panel Discussion on Sustainable Food
We must work together, by starting a conversation and raise awareness, transform and think about how we can improve our food systems and our overall health. By eating more sustainably we can all make a difference and contribute towards a better environment and help our bees.
Listen and engage with our expert panelists
• Professor Saul A Cunningham, Director Fenner School of Environment & Society (ANU). Professor Cunningham’s research focuses on the challenge of maintaining biodiversity in farming landscapes and he has a particular expertise in pollinating insects and their role in food production
• Mr Michael Claessens, CEO Regional Development Australia (ACT). Mr Claessens, recognised for his achievements in development, innovation and policy change is coordinating the conference “Food in the Capital” and working on developing the Canberra Region Food Collective, a sustainable local food system.
• Ms Fiona Buining, owner Ainslie Urban Farm. Passionate about growing plants, especially food plants. Ms Buining is passionate to create a pathway for future urban food growers, was granted a Churchill Fellowship in 2020 to investigate urban farm ventures to provide a vocational pathway to inspire young urban food growers.
Embassy of Sweden
5 Turrana Street