Nr. MI-123-U-IPA-2020-130 dated 28 September 2020
Italian Ministry of Interior- Criminal Police Central Directorate (CPCD)
Offers the vacancy as
NR. 1 PROJECT ASSISTANT/INTERPRETER
BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
In the framework of the significant activity to support the Western Balkan Countries, the Italian Ministry of Interior - Public Security Department – Criminal Police Central Directorate, in cooperation with GIZ (DE), signed a contract for the implementation of the Project IPA 2019 “Countering Serious Crime in the Western Balkans - Cris Nr.2020/414-806” to support Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia to strengthen the cooperation between the EU Member States and Agencies on the one side, and Ministries of Justice, Ministries of Interior, Public Prosecution Offices, National Police Services, Border Police and other relevant law enforcement authorities of the Beneficiaries on the other side, in order to create a safe environment in the entire Region and, therefore, also in the EU.
The three specific objectives of the Action are:
1. To strengthen the operational capabilities of Western Balkan law enforcement and security authorities to fight serious and organised crime and terrorism;
2. To strengthen the capability of Western Balkan law enforcement and security authorities to effectively participate in and contribute to EU and intra-regional cooperation structures and mechanisms and;
3. To strengthen the capabilities of Western Balkan law enforcement and security authorities to exchange information.
DURATION OF THE PROJECT: July 1st, 2020 – June 30th, 2023
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: November 1st 2020 – June 30th, 2021 (possibly renewable twice until June 30th, 2023)
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Podgorica (Montenegro)
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Project Team in the execution of responsibilities and tasks;
- Assists the Resident Expert in the beneficiary country, who will be his/her direct supervisor in setting project’s goals and objectives and its implementation, including setting-upappointments, taking notes, drafting reports and presentation materials;
- Provides the necessary support and consultancy about the local juridical system concerningthe activities of the Project;
- Provides language and administrative support to his/her supervisor and the Project Team ingeneral;
- Ensures legal advice and overall support to the Resident Experts, the Short-term Experts, the Component Leaders or their deputies and other foreign specialists, for the organization ofworkshops, working group meetings, trainings, seminars and other initiatives of the Project(or related to it) in the beneficiary countries;
- Drafts papers and documents on the legal system effective in the country, useful for the international experts involved in the activities;
- Drafts correspondence and maintains filing systems, sets up and maintains the component archive, including a database on all relevant stakeholders, also according to the directives of the line managers;
- Provides satisfactory translation of documents, regulations, training materials, briefing materials and other written materials from English to Montenegrin and vice versa;
- Provides interpretation at meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences from English to
- Montenegrin and vice versa;
- Takes responsibility of the project office’s organization, establishing and maintaining appropriate archives and source records to ensure adequate documentation of the project;
- Assists in arranging contacts, meetings, logistical and administrative support (e.g. travel/accommodation arrangement, drafting related administrative documentation);
- Provides support in communicating with the Montenegrin counterparts and national/international stakeholders;
- Represents the Project in the respective beneficiary country, if specifically authorized by the line managers in the event of a temporary absence of the Resident Expert;
- Performs any other related activities, which may emerge during the course of time and/or as required by the line managers.
Please find all nececary infomation in the following document:
1 This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.