The Delegation of the European Union to Tanzania and the East African Community is a key actor in the relations between the European Union and Tanzania as well as the East African Community. In close coordination with EU Member States’ Heads of Missions, its role is to:
- Share the values and interests of the European Union;
- Promote fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Support Tanzania's development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all ;
- Stimulate inclusive growth, private sector and job creation;
- Foster regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.